Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Sticks Table

Joe & I have wanted a table from Sticks (a Des Moines-based company) for a really long time....and our wish finally came true!  We spent lots of time while we were visiting my family in Des Moines designing our table at the Sticks Gallery there.  It was so much fun to pick symbols and sayings that represented our life together.  Around the edge of the table are sayings and small pictures.  The center of the table has 4 large pictures and the center season medallion.  We couldn't be more happy with how it turned out!
The center of the table -- the 4 seasons.

Big Horn Mountains -- drawn from a picture I had taken while hiking.
Rocky!
Canoe that represents how Joe & I got engaged.
Columbine to represent the 8 years we spent in Colorado.
Enough said!
We had to represent the alma mater!
Blue Bonnets to represent the time we spent in Texas (Blue Bonnets look just like lupine which grows abundantly around here as well!).
To honor our 8 friends and teammates that we will never forget.
Quetzal bird -- Guatemala's National Bird to show our connection to Guatemala.
Corn to symbolize my roots in Nebraska and Iowa.
Jackson!
One of the legs -- each one represents a different season.

I'm a little scared to let the girls eat at the table, so so far we have been eating meals at the center island.  We had it measured for a piece of glass for the top and once that gets in place we will be able to enjoy it a little more!  I can't wait to have may family meals shared on this table that represents so much about us.

1 comment:

  1. I've always loved the Sticks stuff. Especially their Iowa State stuff, of course. I had no idea you could have a custom table made. How beautiful!

    ReplyDelete